The AK47 is an automatic assault rifle in Jailbreak. It contains 30 rounds per magazine and has a fairly good damage output at 7 HP per hit, which means it requires 15 bullets to kill an enemy at full health. The AK47 is great for tire popping, supporting fellow team members in a fight, but it can be harder to hit targets and shooting down helicopters due to its low velocity and inaccuracy. It is often confused with the paywall-locked Rifle since they have similar sounds, mechanic, and appearances. This used to be the worst weapon in game, but after the Weapons update, the damage per shot was increased. The AK47 can only be obtained in Gun Shop 1 with the price of $15,000 in-game cash.
|Automatic and fires at a rate of 700 rounds per minute.||Spread is larger and accuracy is worse than the Rifle.|
|Has 30 Rounds (Most in the game along with the rifle.||Slower velocity than the Rifle.|
|Useful in medium and close-range combat.||Slightly slower fire rate than the Rifle.|
|More base damage than Rifle.||Takes a few seconds to reload.|
- The AK47 was added on June 24th, 2017.
- The AK47’s official name in-game is AK47, without a hyphen.
- This weapon used to have 14 rounds only, but it was later on buffed to 30, due to several requests and lack of damage.
- Unlike the Shotgun and Pistol, this weapon is not available at the two police stations or criminal bases. You can only find this at the Gun Shop 1.
- The AK47 in-game doesn't have a muzzle on the barrel.
- Before the Weapons/Items Update, the AK47 used to be the weakest weapon in the game dealing 2 damage. It also required 2 clips in order to kill a fully healed target.
- In the Weapons/Items Update, the AK47 received a significant damage buff, from 2 damage to 7 damage.
- The AK47 closely resembles the StG-44 (Sturmgewehr 44) used by Nazi Germany [1933-1945] during WW2 (World War 2) [1939-1945].
- In the Fall (2018) Update, the AK47 had a significant damage buff from 7 to 9 damage.
- In the 10/3/18 Miscellaneous Update, the AK47 had a damage nerf that changed the damage back from 9 to 7, due to the weapon being overpowered.
- This weapon was originally $20,000 in-game cash in the Weapons/Items Update, but was changed to $15,000 in-game cash after a miscellaneous update the next day. Anybody who bought the AK47 when it was $20,000 in-game cash were issued $5,000 in-game cash refunds.