The Inventory, also known as the Hotbar, is a mechanic shared among most Roblox games. It's a bar at the bottom of the screen that holds all the items and tools you have obtained. The Police start off with a Pistol, Handcuffs, and a Taser. Criminals and Prisoners start off with nothing. To quickly switch slots, use the numbers on your keyboard instead of direct clicking. To equip the first slot, press 1, and to equip the second slot, press 2, and so on. If an item is equipped, your Roblox avatar will hold the selected item. Clicking will start the tool's action, though not all items have an ability. You can click and drag onto another slot to reorder it. When you hold an item or weapon, the color surrounding the item will lighten.
The tips are located above your inventory. They are written in white ink and will repeat in order.. Each tip will stay on your screen for ? seconds before going to the next one.
- "Walking into the bank vault will arrest all players involved."
- "You can disguise your vehicle in the garage."
- "Police cars are slightly faster than criminal cars."
- "Arrest players to receive their bounty."
- "Press on criminals car with handcuffs to eject the driver."
- "You can rob banks after you escape, but you'll need a keycard!"
- "Head to the criminal base to pick up some more items."
- "Press & hold behind the backs of police to pickpocket their keycard!"
- Below each inventory slot is a number, which tells you which number key to press to equip that slot.
- 10 means you have to press 0 to equip the item. Any numbers above 10 are unable to be equipped with number keys and must be clicked on using the cursor.
- If your inventory is empty, it won't appear on screen at all.
- As of the Alien Update, you can re-order your inventory. This was a highly requested feature on the Trello that went under the name "Hotbar Reordering".
- Prisoners and Criminals have an orange highlight around their items, and Police have blue highlighting.
- On Mobile, de-selecting an item or switching to another item will start the item's action before putting it away. This is known to be tedious among most players on the platform.
- The SWAT Gamepass-exclusive black pistol does not have its own icon in the inventory.