NOTE: See Vehicle Customization for the tiers of a customization.
NOTE: A common misconception is the rarity of a customization will only be found in that tier safe. But instead, any customization can be found in any safe, it is just higher or lower tiers may be more rare.
Safes are items that can unlock new car colors, glows, safes, rims, spoilers and textures. If you receive a color, glow, rim, spoiler or texture you already own, you’ll receive half the amount of cash that the safe you've bought costed. There is also a chance where you receive a common tier 2 safe, an uncommon tier 3 safe, a rare tier 4 safe, or an ultra rare tier 5 safe. Down below is a table of different types of safes. To buy safes, click the GUI icon on the left that resembles a vault safe. If you have safes in your inventory, it will bring you to the "open safes" page. If you don't have any safes in your inventory, it will bring you to the "buy safes" page. You can switch between the 2 pages by clicking the button on the top left corner. On the "buy safes" page, you can gift to any Roblox player by clicking "gift" and entering the player's Roblox username.
Every 24 hours, players will receive a Tier #1 safe (including a Tier #2 if you have VIP Gamepass).
Original Prices (before the 2017 Winter Update)
N/A (Vault safes were added after the 2017 Winter Update)
|Ultra Rare Chance||2%||6%||18%||56%||22%||0%|
|Duplicate Cash Amount||$250||$500||$1,250||$2,500||$5,000||$15,000|
- A safe used to be able to give you a keycard. This has been removed from safes for an unknown reason..
- The Tier #6, or the Vault safe, was added in the 2017 Winter Update, along with brighter skins & unique types of rims.
- You receive one Common Safe daily as a daily reward, but if you own the VIP Gamepass, you'll receive an Uncommon safe that will come with the Common safe.
- The price of safes were increased about 1.5 times their original price in the 2017 Winter Update.
- The duplicate cash amount is half the cost of the safe itself. In the past, the duplicate cash amount was 3/4 of the cash amount, which allowed for a quick money making strategy to develop.
- In previous updates, safes used to give you regular Roblox hat skins as textures.
- The Vault safe was leaked by asimo3089 before Jailbreak was released, but everyone thought it was scrapped since it had never been added when the game first released.
- You can gift a safe to anybody in Roblox, and there is no criteria to doing so, except that the giver needs to be able to afford the safe before gifting.
- If you try to buy a safe but you can't afford it, it will redirect you to the Money GUI.
- As of 2018 Winter Update, a Tier #5/Legendary safe can also be obtained by opening the Airdrop Briefcases However, as of 1/13/2019 update, this is no longer possible.