Tire Popping is a feature in Jailbreak. To pop a vehicle's tires, you need to shoot any gun of your choice at a player's vehicle (anywhere on the vehicle works, not just the wheels and tires). Tires will be popped for a couple of seconds before they regenerate. By popping the tires, the car keeps moving, but at a significantly slower pace. If the vehicle's tires are popped when it's stationary, it will not move until the tires regenerate (unless using Rocket Fuel). Tire Popping is mainly used by players in order to either catch criminals or to prevent police from driving away.
The aerial counterpart to tire popping is Shooting Down Aerial Vehicles.
- Tire popping was added alongside the Dune Buggy and the Donut Shop.
- Many people say that tire popping is too overpowered, but asimo3089 claims that it just slows down a vehicle, not forcing a vehicle to a complete stop instantly. This is partially true, if a vehicle was moving before the tires were shot out, it will slow the vehicle down. But if the vehicle was stationary when the tires were shot out, the vehicle cannot move.
- When asimo3089 and badcc added tire popping, it seldom had effect. In the Aerial Vehicle Shooting Update, it was completely fixed.
- The Volt Bike's tires are actually able to be popped, even though there are no tires on the vehicle. This can be hard to pull off, though, due to the Volt Bike's incredible speed & braking, and the vehicle's small hitbox.
- When tire popping was added, the Model3 would glitch out of or across the map when its tires were popped. This was fixed in a later update.
- When a vehicle's tires are popped, the vehicle will make a small popping noise.
- This noise is identical to the sound effect that plays after collecting a new item from a Safe and the fireworks that played after the 2B Visits Update Live Event.
- You can hit anywhere on a vehicle to pop its tires.
- Tire popping will not function if there is no one driving the car.
- A pistol is recommended for this, as it has just enough bullets in one round to pop tires quickly and easily.
- You can remove the rims on any ground vehicle by using the Mobile Garage while the tires are shot out.
- There is a glitch where if you enter your popped vehicle two times, they will automatically reappear.
- The shotgun used to pop the tires with one shot, but in the Fall Update of 2018, more shots became required to pop tires.